Connect the dots and uncover the most important patterns and trends:
Recent news of note (January 18, 2016)
1. [+972 Magazine] Jewish extremists deface Jerusalem abbey with anti-Christian graffiti
2. [911blogger.com] 9/11 as False Flag: Why International Law Must Dare to Care
3. [Algemeiner] Israel Air Force Calls Open-Ended Russian Deployment in Syria ‘Nightmare Situation’
4. [Algemeiner] Israeli Group to Accuse Mark Zuckerberg of ‘Closing Eyes to Facebook Terror Incitement’ in Mass
5. [Arutz Sheva News] 'Zuckerberg don't kill us!' Facebook incitement battle heats up
6. [Arutz Sheva News] Watch: Israel denounces lifting of economic sanctions on Iran
7. [Business Insider] Saudi Arabia is in a state of panic
8. [Business Insider] The US' prisoner swap with Iran shows that the landmark nuclear deal 'wasn't a nuclear deal at all'
9. [Commentary Magazine] The Clash of Civilizations in Europe Will Change the Continent
10. [Drudge Report] Czech leader says Muslims 'impossible to integrate' in Europe…
11. [Drudge Report] Middle East stock markets crash as Iran enters oil war…
12. [Drudge Report] REUTERS ROLLING: TRUMP 38.2%, CRUZ 16.7%, CARSON 9.4%, BUSH 7.9%…
13. [Drudge Report] USA to pay Iran $1.7 billion in debt and interest…
14. [Facebook/Gareth Porter] A Further Note on How and Why U.S. Ships Were in Iranian Territorial Waters
15. [Forward] Association of American Universities Re-affirms Opposition to Israel Boycotts
16. [Forward] How Jews Across the Political Spectrum Are Reacting to a New Iran Era
17. [Haaretz] The UK Foreign Office’s secret survey to 'measure Zionist influence'
18. [Hacker News] Factum Non Verba: Heavily Redacted World of the FBI's Tracking Technology Unit
19. [Huffington Post] 'SNL' Calls Out Anti-Semitism Of Ted Cruz's 'New York Values' Comment
20. [Huffington Post] Sanders Suggests Clinton Wouldn't Have Gotten Iran Deal, Prison Swap
21. [JTA] J Street takes aim at GOP senators who opposed Iran deal
22. [MintPress News] Israeli Government Busting Up NGO's Through Spying, Subversion
23. [Moon of Alabama] In Less Than 24 Hours U.S. Breaks Spirit Of Agreement With Iran
24. [New York Times] First Draft: Republican Candidates Assail Iran Agreements
25. [New York Times] Netanyahu Asserts Israel Will Be Iran’s Watchdog
26. [Raw Story] Fox host scorches Cruz over ‘carpet bombing’ ISIS rhetoric: It proves you have ‘no military experience’
27. [Reddit/worldpolitics] Recep Erdogan: Building an autocratic narrative in Turkey by criminalizing truth
28. [Reddit/worldpolitics] Western troops can't stop ISIS. And Saudi Arabia's won't stop ISIS.
29. [RedFlag News] ‘Christian State’ Threatens to Kill Muslims in Belgium — "The Islamic State now has competition"
30. [Reuters] Israel licks wounds as Iran sanctions end, looks to future U.S. aid
31. [Salon.com] “More than a trillion dollars has been misspent”: Politicians and the media have botched the war on terror, but are great at terrifying us
32. [Sputnik International] Pro-Israel DC Lobby Claims Iran Nuclear Deal Represents a Threat to…America
33. [Times of Israel/Eli Kaufman] The Divine Arsenal
34. [Times of Israel] Kuwait Air ends New York service Monday over refusal to carry Israelis
35. [Times of Israel] Pope touts ‘unbreakable bond’ with Jews in visit to Rome synagogue
36. [Twitter/Avi Mayer] Excited to be visiting @Google's awesome @CampusTelAviv to give a talk about using Twitter to tell Israel's story!
37. [Twitter/Haaretz] 'Israel isn’t a brand some American Jews want to identify with' warns Masa CEO Ben Horin
38. [Unz Review] How Israel Has Benefited from an International Double Standard
39. [What Really Happened] Face It: A Vote for Hillary Clinton Is a Vote for War
40. [What Really Happened] Petraeus calls for more air strikes in Afghanistan
41. [What Really Happened] Putin criticizes NATO's "eastward expansion"
42. [What Really Happened] Sen. McCain Furious That Iran Treated US Sailors Well
43. [What Really Happened] US, Britain and France Intend Undermining Syrian Peace Talks
Retrieve any of these items by copying and pasting them into Google search.
(I don't endorse the editorial point of view of any of the above sources.)
Impressions of Hillary Clinton in last night's debate:
1. general crudeness and coarseness of mind and style
2. harsh, raspy buzzsaw voice (painful to listen to) (effects of alcohol? of straining her voice to sound super-macho?)
3. fake smile plastered on her face
4. jerky woodchopper arm movements
5. glittery elite sociopath vibe
6. sleazy evasions on her ties to Wall Street
7. sleazy evasions on her support for the Iraq, Libya and Syria Wars
8. glib and phony exploitation of feminist themes
9. dead and inert at the core
10. uninspirational; anti-inspirational
In 2008 I predicted very early on that Barack Obama would beat Hillary Clinton for the Democratic nomination. I wouldn't be surprised if she drops out of the current race. I would be surprised if she wins the nomination, not to mention the presidency.
I finished listening to Zinn's "People's History of the US" (30 hrs., highly reccd) just as the "debate" was coming on. Zinn NAILED it.
The same patterns and themes and obfuscations and manipulations and hopscothed "left unsaids"/obvious "but, but, but whatabouts (aka "voter too stupid to understand")" he described in the book as mechanisms for elite self-service were all there on display. Pretty remarkable, both that they still use these methods and that they still work after 400 years.
© Copyright Plato's Guns 2015