Recent news of note (February 4, 2016)
1. [Al-Monitor] How Bibi was blindsided by French ultimatum on Palestinian state – Al-Monitor
2. [Algemeiner] Student Israel Advocates Leading Anti-BDS Effort at Columbia: ‘It’s Considered Cool to Oppose Zionism’ (INTERVIEW)
3. [Arutz Sheva News] 'Israeli Lives Matter' online initiative draws thousands
4. [Breaking Israel News] Half of Israel's Jews Support Annexing Judea and Samaria
5. [Business Insider] Saudi Arabia is 'basically bankrupt' if oil prices stay low for 3 more
6. [Drudge Report] Clinton's Security Clearance Under Scrutiny…
7. [Drudge Report] Neo-Nazi vigilantes vow to keep Europe's women safe from migrant sex attacks…
8. [Electronic Intifada] Biggest Israeli demolition in a decade leaves 100 homeless
9. [Florida Politics] Billboards now battling in Orlando over US-Israel support
10. [Forward] BDS Goes Down Under as Australia Party Seeks Ban on Israel Trips
11. [Forward] GOP Candidate John Kasich Defends Israel, Settlements
12. [Forward] How 100 Years of Jewish Jokes Shaped Modern Humor
13. [Forward] Rand Paul Quits GOP Race — Sought To Soften Anti-Israel Tag
14. [Guardian] Israeli ambassador was repeatedly warned over London security breaches
15. [Haaretz] Most Jews Will Refuse Cruz, Despite His Warm Embrace of Israel
16. [Haaretz] Will Trudeau's Canada Still Support Israel?
17. [Haaretz] World Jewry needs an AIPAC-style lobby in Jerusalem
18. [i24news] Israel considers revoking press cards of outlets that give 'distorted headlines'
19. [Jerusalem Post] After Israel row, Ban to pray at New York synagogue
20. [Jerusalem Post] Israel's surprising new international partners
21. [Jewish Journal] Kasich defends Israel's settlement policy
22. [LobeLog] The West Should Stop Reassuring Its Middle Eastern Allies
23. [Mondoweiss/Adam Horowitz] Generational sea change within the Democratic party will include policy towards Israel
24. [Mondoweiss/Adam Horowitz] Jewish Voice for Peace and Jews Say No! take credit for faux ‘NYT’ highlighting biased coverage on Israel/Palestine
25. [Mondoweiss/Jonathan Ofir] Israeli military reportedly seeks to censor private Facebook pages commenting on national security
26. [Mondoweiss/Philip Weiss] Define ‘establishment candidate’: Rubio and Clinton both love Netanyahu
27. [Mondoweiss/Philip Weiss] Pro-Israel group wants to send army colonel to your campus to explain battle for west’s ‘way of life’
28. [National Review] Why we are all Israel now
29. [Network World] Netanyahu: “I want Israel to become a cyber power”
30. [New York Post] The hidden agenda behind the UN chief's Israel-bashing
31. [New York Times] Israel and the UN Chief: A Clash of Perspectives
32. [Orlando Sentinel] An anti-Israel billboard campaign sends dark message to Orlandoans
33. [Reason] Anti-Israel Students Want to Ban Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream,
34. [Reason] Cruz and Rubio: Heirs to Bush-Obama Militarism
35. [Reddit/israel] The Israelis with the most likes on facebook are:
36. [RT] BBC’s WWIII: New show peddles ‘Putin’s invasion’ & nuclear attack on UK
37. [RT] ‘You created ISIS!’ Press conference scandal mars Kerry’s visit to Italy
38. [Russia Beyond the Headlines] Israeli president: Israel ready to fight terrorism together with Russia
39. [Times of Israel] FailedMessiah blogger signs off after 12 years of haredi muckraking
40. [Times of Israel] Russia suspects Turkey preparing to enter Syria
41. [Times of Israel] ‘Rabbi for Trump’ drops support for The Donald
42. [Veterans Today] NATO, US unable to defeat Russia in Baltic: RAND Corp.
43. [Washington Post/Kevin Sullivan] A tough call on Libya that still haunts /t Hillary Clinton
Use Google to retrieve any of the above items — or simply skim the headlines to spot emerging patterns, themes, topics and trends.
p>(I don't necessarily agree or disagree with any of the above sources or articles.)
Get lost Chomsky. He acts like he's still an outsider, but he's part of the Judeo establishment powers that have been undermining the US and it's people for decades. Same for Finkelstein – he started getting cold feet when people started listening to his invective against Israel, then calling BDS a cult. Zionism has been so successful because they have players on both sides of any debate.
side note: Chomsky was Dershowitz's camp counselor in their Zionist youth camps in the USA.
He's an asshole.
Except some left-wing sycophants, no well-informed supporters of Palestine take Chomsky’s pronouncements on Israel seriously. I wouldn’t trust him if he had the political clout to end the Occupation and establish justice for the weak. He sounds worse than Beinart.
© Copyright Plato's Guns 2015